Season 1 of Letterkenny premiered on Canadian video-on-demand service CraveTV (now Crave) on Sunday, February 7, 2016. All six episodes were released simultaneously at 9 a.m. Eastern Time. (TV-eh.com)
It was broadcast on The Comedy Network later in 2016. A Region 1 DVD distributed by Universal Studios Home Entertainment was released on November 21, 2017.
Hulu acquired distribution rights for the United States on June 6, 2018 in a deal executed by DHX Media. Seasons 1 and 2 were released on Hulu on July 13, 2018.
Bell Media announced development of the series on November 15, 2013, based on the YouTube sensation Letterkenny Problems, with Jared Keeso, Mark Montefiore and Patrick O'Sullivan of New Metric Media, and Ben Nemtin attached (BellMedia). Letterkenny was the first original series commissioned by Crave, and the first by any Canadian video service.
Production began in and around Sudbury, Ontario in May 2015, with filming concluded by the end of June (Toronto Star). The release date of February 7 was announced on November 9, 2015. The two-minute cold open for the first episode was released as a teaser on YouTube on December 17, 2015.
|Overall No.||Season No.||Title||Synopsis|
|1||1||Ain't No Reason to Get Excited||Daryl and Katy try to help Wayne get some action, while Wayne reconnects with his inner fighter|
|2||2||Super Soft Birthday||Wayne and Katy plan for Daryl’s annual “Super Soft Birthday Party”, despite Daryl wanting anything but.|
|3||3||Fartbook||Dan’s farting inspires a genius idea for the Hicks: Fartbook|
|4||4||Wingman Wayne||It’s competition time in Letterkenny! The first Hick to score some tail gets fifty bucks off their bar tab.|
|5||5||Rave||Daryl comes up with the idea to start a pest removal business while Stewart decides to become a superstar DJ and host his own rave.|
|6||6||A Fuss in the Back Bush||The town descends into a revenge-fueled brawl, thanks to the Skids and their shady business practices. It's an old-fashioned donnybrook.|
- Car stopping at the end of the laneway in front of the produce stand with music playing
- Reilly: Hold my spitter
- Reilly and Jonesy: This isn't over!
- Wayne: Jinx, you owe me a Coke
- Dan: That's what I appreciates about you, Katy.
Katy: Is that what you appreciate about me?
- Dan's off-screen second cousins Garrett and Jarrett
- McMurray describing someone's clothing and cars in extreme detail
- Glen is infatuated with Wayne
- Wayne's pre-fight routine
- Just kidding, I don't give a fuck.
- End of the laneway, don't come up the property.
- The Ginger and Boots (allegedly) fucked an ostrich
- Places where Dan has hoovered schneef
- Reilly: We're at this level, but we've gotta get to this level
- Reilly and Jonesy hate doing legs. "Let's skip leg day"
- Whose billet sister's a fuckin' rocket?
- The native flu
- Wayne: She's a lovely girl
- Wayne and McMurray constantly interrupt each other
- It's fuckin' embarrassing!